Spotlight: Coach Meza

Back to Article
Back to Article

Spotlight: Coach Meza

Photo courtesy Joshua Matamoros

Photo courtesy Joshua Matamoros

Photo courtesy Joshua Matamoros

Joshua Matamoros, Reporter

At MACHS, we have the privilege of having a strong, experienced, and skilled coach for our varsity soccer team. His name is Martin Meza, and he’s been coaching soccer for 19 years.

Meza explains that he likes coaching because he likes to guide adolescents and increase their love for soccer. He also wants the team to get better and wiser, not only as soccer players, but also as a student and as a person. He mentioned that one of his hardest challenges is discipline. As the coach of teenagers in high school, it’s not always easy. Despite the challenges, our boys soccer team is having a successful season. Meza remarked that the team is reaching its fullest potential with 4 wins, 1 tie, and 0 losses.

Meza has high expectations for his team: “For the team that I represent, I expect many achievements to be accomplished and to confront every challenge we face,” he said. In other words, he expects nothing but success for his team and expects them to give it their all in each game. He chose to coach for MACHS’s varsity soccer team because he knew a student from MACHS and the student invited him.

MACHS expects nothing but the best this soccer season. We hope we make it and get to the playoffs. CROSS YOUR FINGERS; LET’S GO WOLFPACK!